Monday, August 18, 2008

3rd Grade Olympics



In celebration of the 2008 Olympics and because we study Greece the 3rd grade had their 1st ever Olympic Games. We had 5 events shot put ( bean bag throw), sprint, distance race, jump rope, and 3 leg race. It was tons of fun and the kids loved it. Of the 5 events 4 gold medals were given to members of my class, so I was super excited!! We were the red team ( aka Embrey's Infernos named by my kids). For me not to be the least bit athletic I am very competetive so I was really proud that my class did well. We made torches from construction paper and tissue and made our own class flags. The Henry Herald came out and took pictures and I gave them a discription of the events so hopefully we will be seeing ourselves in the newspaper. Of course the kids loved the thought of being in the newspaper.

No comments: