Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My new class

I always forget how hard it is to start over each year. It is like when you just get in a really good groove and then bam it is over and you have to start over from scratch. That is one of the really hard parts of being a teacher. I had to say good bye to my babies from last year and start all over with a fresh set of faces. I just forget how much my kids learn over the year and how hard it is to teach my procedures and likes/dislikes to a new group. I love my job but hate saying good bye and starting over. I have a really sweet group this year for the most part. I can tell it is going to be an interesting year with the mixture of kids I have. I don't think we have any boring days that is for sure. They are definitely going to keep me on my toes and teach me a lot!!! On a really awesome note I do have a student teacher from Georgia State so I am really excited about having help this year and watching her grow as a teacher. I had a really great placement when I did my student teaching so I hope to inspire her as mine did for me!!

Our first trip out of the classroom. Pretty awesome line for our first day!!


End of the day!! We made through our first day!! Barely!!

No comments: