Monday, March 15, 2010

5K for Atlanta Food Bank

Sunday I was peer pressured into doing a k5. My plan was to train for it and really be ready. Well with school, work, Ava, and Eric getting sick my training pretty much went down the tube. I think I ran twice on the treadmill in the 6 weeks leading up to the race. That being said I was really nervous and dreading the run. I really wanted to back out but decided I would try my best to run. I wasn't sure how I would do since I gave platelets the day before, but I made it through the whole race. It was freezing cold but I finished in 37:12. The best I had ever done on my treadmill was 42 minutes so I was really excited. Thank goodness for my Assistant Principal Denise. She was my running buddy through the whole race and we really kept each other going. I am doing another race in May for sure so hopefully if I can practice a little more I will be able to run the entire thing without walking. We will see.

Christina showing off her racing number
Stretching it out. We are now serious runners

Denise and I playing a game before the race
In the car before the race because it was so cold

Natalie, Denise, me, Angela, and Christina before the race
After the race. I think we look pretty good considering we just ran and I felt like I was going to puke or die. Thank goodness I didn't do either.

No comments: